Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Ray of Light in the Darkness

Ps. 118:24 "This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it!"

Last night at 6:30pm as i discovered i needed to go to the ER all the way in Nashville, I didn't see think that the above verse would be possible for me to implement today. Especially since we didn't get home til 3:00am this morning. I could hardly even prepare to rejoice in the day ahead i was so exhausted. Also, i wondered how in the world my dear husbandMatt Jackson was going to get up after 3.5 hours of sleep, fix breakfast, get everyone ready and out to church on time and still be able to function, as i laid there and had to sleep in. But GOD IS GOOD and His MERCIES are new ever morning!

I really needed that sleep in time! I didn't get up til 11:15! Just enough time to get up, get dressed and be ready for everyone to get home from church. And though the darkness and exhaustion put a deep discouragement on our evening and morning plans last night, God has redeemed our day! 

My Jesus Calling devotion this morning said to "try to view each day as an adventure, carefully planned out by your Guide." Well, last night certainly was! "Thank God for this day of LIFE, recognizing that is is a precious, UNREPEATABLE GIFT. Trust that i am with you each moment, whether you sense My Presence or not. A THANKFUL, TRUSTING ATTITUDE helps you to see events in your life from My perspective. A life lived close to Me will never be dull or predictable. (isn't that the truth!) Expect each day to contains surprises.

Todays adventure and surprises have been a great and needed time of rest for me, energy and stamina and even a little nap for Matt. A wonderfully productive time for me and the girls as we prepare to begin home schooling tomorrow(and what a treasure and blessing for me as i thought i might not ever home school again!), a fun time for J2 playing indoor soccer and J1 getting a coaching job, and a great walk with R2, my pup and my Mom right before this big storm hit.

It's really about perspective isn't it? As the rain falls heavily outside right now my heart can rejoice at the sunshines i have found in our day! Thank you Lord for your faithfulness, your encouragement and your LIGHT into my life!

No comments: