Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Smothered yet Breathing

Is that even possible? YES! I'm actual living proof! I'm am so excited, hesitantly excited at times, about this new direction and journey that God is taking us on! but WOW!!!! I'm not sure, NO I'm sure I wasn't prepared for the aftermath of that decision in tackling this past week. Thank Goodness GOD is ALWAYS prepared and ever graciously working in my behalf! Though at times I was close to believing that I could not do this. HE is GOOD however, so VERY GOOD! I felt so shocked and stunned and overwhelmed to almost a point of frozeness at times trying to prepare for this yard sale. THIS WAS NO YARD SALE! WHAT WAS I duping myself into thinking????? This was a "MY WHOLE PRECIOUS LIFE IS FOR SALE, SALE". This was a "take my last whole 8 years here and just rumage through it like it's trash SALE and pay me next to nothing for something that is like priceless to me, SALE. This was a "rip my emotional attachment to precious baby things and memory things and yank my heart out while you're at it, SALE." Images not easily forgotten, an experience and emotions not easily stuffed. OK, OK, OK....I'm sure you get the picture but that really feels better to get that out! Meanwhile in the midst of all this emotional stuff and house cleaning work and because I needed more stress in my life, I also had Lasik eye surgery(so not to worry with it anymore on the field) AND my cornea was misplaced...not lost misplaced, just somehow in the process it was moved off center which was then an emergency to go back the very next day to undergo what was worse than the original surgery to correct it. WHEW!! All in a weeks work, as they say :)

Now more so than ever is God recalling those verses to me that say something along the lines of "until you are willing to leave father and mother, brother and sister and follow me......" and "sell everything, give to the poor and follow me...."

He never said it would be easy.......smothered yet breathing.....

Breathing easier today and so very touched and thankfully for your comments, prayers and encouragement, please keep them coming! :) The body of Christ is our LIFELINE right now and I'm so thankful for the friends and family that I have, those I know and those I don't that are acting as hands and feet and interceders on our behalf. THANK YOU!

5 comments:

Jenibug7 said...

Oh I am so happy for an update!! I have wondered and prayed and wondered and prayed....
Please do call me and let me know what your next few weeks looks like and where you will be. We would LOVE to get to see yall before you go!

Anonymous said...

I don't remember how I found your blog but I really enjoy what you write and how you share your experiences. I am not a Christian and don't "get" some of what you live & preach in your blog. What I do get is that you are a kind person who has obviously done a tremendous "job" with your children and family. I don't agree with proselytization but hope you find great pleasure with your missionary work where ever you go.

myra said...

Dear anonymous, thank you! I appreciate and love people, especially their stories and all I can learn from their stories and thier lives, whether they are a "christian" or not. I don't really like to call myself a "christian" anymore.....it's not a real positive word in America anymore...too much distortion, in my personal opinion. Thanks for the encouragement and kind wishes. Really my life and my story are about telling my story, living and loving my family and others.....as they say "that's my story and I'm stickin' to it" :)
I'd love to visit your blog too if you have one.

Anonymous said...

So what do you say? You are a follower of Christ, aren't you?

Anonymous said...

"Really my life and my story are about telling my story, living and loving my family and others.....as they say "that's my story and I'm stickin' to it" :)"

mine too! love, mom