Friday, January 11, 2013

When STRENGTH is Just Not Enough....

It's been a little while since i read God's word and just began to weep. 

Ps 46:1-6 "God is our refuge and strength," I(Myra) have always known God as a refuge but honestly, there have been many times, painful times that i have NOT FELT Him as my STRENGTH. "....an ever-present help in trouble." And quite candidly, i have know that God is an ever-present help, but at times...WHERE THE HECK HAS HE BEEN?! At times, i have been so deeply saddened by God because i was in such trouble and i FELT like he was no where to be found, and WHY was he NOT helping me? 

When i began to read this passage today, the second time i read it and the flooding of my present circumstances, caused a great amount of emotion to sweep over me and i just began to cry. 

"Therefore we will not fear, though the earth GIVE WAY and the MOUNTAINS FALL INTO THE HEART OF THE SEA, though its waters ROAR and FOAM and the mountains QUAKE with their SURGING." 

Can you make a mental video for yourself of what that vs. might look like played out right in front of your eyes? .......I can...but what is more powerful for me and what brought me to weep, was..... emotionally, i FEEL like i have lived that TERROR....and i HAVE and I DO,.. FEAR.....there are times in my past and there is a current situation with someone that is more dear to my heart than almost anyone and our WORLDS, our earths so to speak GAVE WAY!!! There were MOUNTAINS, the mountains of our lives and the lives of our loved ones what were FALLING INTO THE HEART OF THE SEA!! And our very HEARTS were falling with it! 

It's FEELS like total destruction!! It's your world completely flipped upside down. It's pain and it's suffering. It's disease and it's heartache. IT IS NOT EASY! But you know what, lets look at the very next verse.
"There is a RIVER whose streams make GLAD the CITY OF GOD, the HOLY PLACE where the MOST HIGH dwells. GOD is within HER, she will NOT FALL; God WILL HELP HER at break of day; Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall; HE LIFTS HIS VOICE, the earth MELTS. THE LORD ALMIGHTY IS WITH US; the God of Jacob is our FORTRESS."

At that point in the scripture as i was seeing some things in my life and the life of this one i love so deeply, i began to weep from different emotions, emotions that were so thankful and so broken for being so faithless and fearful, for questioning and being saddened by his apparent neglect of me and our worlds. All of a sudden, like the first wave of heavy emotions, a new wave took over. A wave of his presence, a wave of his compassion for us, a wave of his mercy to us.....a wave of understanding that washed over me.

All along friend he has been our strength, we are still here. All along my love he has been our help, even when we fear and fight and feel it is so very unfair, he is THERE. HE has been there. He is still there. He will bring us to his river, he will heal us by his blood. He will free us from our fear. And all with LOVE. He sees you, He sees me. We are so very dear to Him. He weeps for our pain and our suffering and how we have been wronged or life has thrown us things we had no idea how to prepare for. His heart is so much more than ours. His love so much greater. His empowerment so much stronger. Hang in there my friend, hang on! It is at the very end of our rope that we sometimes see His light in our deep deep darkness. 

Let our part of this relationship with Him be a responsive part in the litany of LOVE. As God searches for receptivity among all his children, let him find us there. Guard this gift that HE has PLANTED in our hearts and the hearts of our loved ones. "Nurture it with the Light of My Presence."

My sweet sweet friend, the depths of my love for you and your family go deep into the pit and the core of who i am. I am here. I LOVE YOU with an everlasting love. I pray for you daily and though i wish i could, i HATE that i cannot solve the problems and fears you face every single day. But you know, just as well as i do, who can!

No comments: