Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Jewish Passover

I checked the calendar again this morning, as i like to do at the start of each new day. I trudged to it wondering, "what will today hold"? I noticed right away that typed in black on my calendar it said JEWISH PASSOVER. I immediately thought "something we should celebrate". The family talked quickly over Jewish Passover as everyone was preparing to embark on the day. I'm thankful Matt and James are alive and here! They are both first borns and the Jews celebrate Passover each year to commemorate the angel of death PASSING OVER their homes and sparing the first born sons of those who painted blood on their doorposts thousands of years ago.
WOW. How times change and if we are not careful our thinking shallows over time. Can you imagine something like that happening today in the world we live in here in America? What would the response and the reactions be?
I've had a most meaningful Lenten Season this year. I'm thankful God has allowed me to experience new things and gain some new perspectives. I'm thankful i still have a blog, though fb has caused me to neglect it more and more. For me, giving up facebook, for the most part, during this Lenten Season has helped me communicate more with others in other ways.

I pray this Season that God will reveal Himself, His Ways and His plans for you, to you, in a new way this coming week and weekend, especially.

No comments: