Wednesday, November 12, 2008

For my outspoken Brother... love ya Bro!



I have appreciated my brother speaking up recently on some issues that he feels strongly about and while I don't agree with him on certain points, I still love him and look forward to hearing from him in the future. One of my favorite blogs deals with the issue of how to love but still disagree. here are some quotes, check the whole blog if you like.

"...If the body of Christ is going to demonstrate herself today in the corporate majesty of her collaboration and cooperation then Jesus will have to be our only focus and loving others will be our motivation, not a demand for conformity..."






"...Jesus asked us to love as we follow him; he didn’t ask us to agree. If we have to agree to love, then what hope have we? If a group has to all think alike to have fellowship then they have pitched a tent at some stage of the journey and will not grow on to know him. In most groups I’ve known, conformity has been the goal. Someone needs to set the standard for the group and people either go along or go away. Neither leads to the reality of Christ expressed among his people..."






"...So here is the problem today. Too many people think they alone are right and anyone who disagrees with them is a threat to their world. And it only takes one person like that in a group to destroy its ability to live, love and grow together. Until we have enough brothers and sisters that have a passion for truth that does not outrun their calling to love others, the body of Christ will continue to be fractured and impotent in the world. And they’ll have to have enough love to lovingly stand up to those who would be divisive among the family by demanding everyone think like they do..."






James wonders why...

2 comments:

myra said...

Wow! I don't usually comment on our own blogs but have to on this one! I didn't write it anyway so I guess that makes it alittle better and I also just read it for the first time, I didn' even know you posted this. Ok...WOW!

YES, J.E.J. fuels me too and I too appreicate him speaking up and speaking out. I probably agree with him on more things than Matt does but again I'm sure there are things we could find to disagree about too. But as your blogs states, that is neither here nor there, that is just reality but the truer reality is the love we have for one another! Love you guys!

And thanks Matt for keeping up the blog so well lately, I know I have been muchly slackin' but after this post i think you should be primary writer :)

myra said...

And Btw...i LOVE that pic of James, who took that, looks like a little kid finger in the upper left hand corner....JP probably.

Pic of Homeschool at it's finest right there, hat, book, pencil and all ;)