Tuesday, August 5, 2008

To London with LOVE

Wow, well it's truly been awhile eh? Do I have any friends left out there that still check and read this? Let's take care of first things first.....it never hurts in life and relationships to start with an apology. I think we all should just go ahead and start off each day and end each day with an apology. Why not right? What could it hurt? Everyone has something they could apologize for at least 2x a day right, no matter who you are or how big or small the incident. So first I'm sorry for my lack of communication dear blog and friends of mine. Do I need to explain why or is it pretty self explanatory for most of you? Since we moved our of our house and really before that, preparing for moving out of our house, my life, our lives have just been turned upside down and as I've said before it's like having a baby, there just no way you can fully prepare yourself for something like that. There's no way to know just exactly what that's going to look like, feel like, be like and how I will respond to all that until it actually happens and you have to actually walk in it, through it and out the other side. So now back to the apologies, For instance.......(I'll go ahead and be transparent and start this in my own life tonight and begin with two apologies tomorrow), Matt I'm sorry that I didn't help you load and unload the van more on this trip, you know that packing and organizing are more of my giftings but that doesn't mean I can't help load and unload sometimes. And by the way thank you for doing all that without complaint all week until today. Thanking people at least twice idea is not such a bad idea either now is it. And I think we Americas would be a whole heck of a lot more polite if we did use our manners that our mamma's taught us more often. This would probably mean we would say thank you way more than 2x a day. I think I'll do an experiment with my kids on being mannerly and what that looks like. I think we'll have a "try to be mannerly at every moment day" and count how many times we could be mannerly :) I don't know if I can start that tomorrow as we are still out of town but it's definitely a beginning of the school year experiment.
Traveling, yes we are and yes we have been since last Monday and we thought we might be home by tomorrow but it just doesn't look like that. We've had several more visits with churches and individuals than we had expected, this a a good problem, a very good problem when you're in our shoes, so we hope to be back home by the end of this week. Oh, actually we must be back by Sat. because we have company coming Sat. for a week. And then after that week we go on another support raising/birthday trip. And then we come back and SCHOOL STARTS @ Jackson Academy!!!! Actually we'll start alittle earlier than that but that is when full days will start. We ease back into things slowly and for the first 3 weeks we will be watching and studying the Olympics(thanks Denna for that unit study idea!!!). Studying the sports, the history of, the training of the athletes, etc. I can't wait, now thats fun school!!! And of course we'll be doing some training, sports and physical exercise of our own. I digress....or do I? I need not only digress I need to go rest. We've had more late nights than I can count lately trying to catch up with all of Matt's family and prepare and recovery from the wedding. Amazingly this was the first time in 12 years that all of Matt's family has been together and then throw in about 40 swedes and it was basically a big party all week long! And last night was only 3 hours of sleep and it's already very late so I must go to bed. I'm so thankful to be at my sisters and have such convenient blogging access. Oh how I have missed being able to blog....it's therapy for me ya know :) And hopefully I can have time tomorrow to go read up on all my blog friends, I miss you all and your lives sooooooooo much but I am thinking of you often.

And what in the world did this have to do with To London with Love....well I digressed so much I didn't even get there so that will have to wait for tomorrow or the next time I can blog

3 comments:

Jenibug7 said...

Seriously? You are going to just leave on all hanging like that? Well, I guess since you have had the month you have had, I will have to cut you some slack and assume you really did need to go to bed. But hurry up and blog again and let us all know what else is going on!!! We love ya! Any chance you might still be coming this way at all??? Maybe a school session on Texas? :)

trouble said...

yeah. It was about Time.I keep checking everyday to see if anything is posted. Nada!! Lets us know how things progress. Still praying!

Unknown said...

I've been thinking of you all. Glad you are having a good time. We miss you!