Monday, September 22, 2008

God's Playground

There really is so much out there to discover!












I've been reading lately on the Charlotte Mason stlye of homeschooling. I have attempted to read some of her stuff over the years always to get discouraged with it due to the depth of the reading. She was way more intellectual then I will ever be, yet I am continually drawn back to her methods because I believe them to be so true. So this year, I am back again trying to glean and apply what I can to our daily routine. One of the biggest challenges this week has been to have the children get from 4-6 hours a day outside. We've always been out-doorsy but if you think about your day and all you do 4-6 hours outside is a great deal of time outdoors. However, I must say since Sat. we've accomplished it!

We are also incorporating nature walks into our daily routine, taking our nature journals along to jot down what we see, hear, discover or would like to draw, trace or rub drawing. This week we are studying leaves.

1 comment:

trouble said...

the pics are so pretty. Where were they taken?