Saturday, October 25, 2008

Still Here

Reading through the Psalms. I'm stuck in the 50's with the Psalms and not movin' very fast but gleaning some things. This is what struck me today....
Psalm 56 verses 3-4
When I am afraid(or hurt, disappointed, uncertain, fearful, threatened, add your own struggle here)
I will trust in YOU. In God, whose word I praise, in God I TRUST; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?
Verses 12-13
I am under vows to YOU, O God; I will present my thank offerings to you.
For YOU have delivered me from death and my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before God in the light of life.

My personal prayer:
Lord, I will trust in you. I have trusted in you. My trust in you has saved me. Help me to hang onto and TRUST YOU more. Help me PRIZE your word more and turn to it more instead of turning to others in my times of need. I feel as though I am under vows to so many but only ONE is most important...my vows to you. I am also under vows to my husband, children, family, friends and work responsibilities. How do these play out, where do they lie in the line of my priorities and where should they be? In all or some of these at certain times I must confess I feel "prone to wander, prone to leave the God and things I love. Take my heart Lord, take and seal it, seal it for thy courts above."


No comments: