Monday, February 25, 2008

Devotional Poem - Psalm 7

Once in a while, I sit down to journal about what I hear God saying from His word and it seems to just be "right" to journal with a rhyme. During my morning quiet time it happened. I'm reading through Psalms right now. I continue to enjoy reading in the Parallel Bible both NIV and The Message . Here's what I got out of Psalm 7

Troubles chasing, David's pacing
Truth be known, Justice shown
Hearts and minds sought, find the soft spots
God does it right, not without a fight
Sin breeds more, no escape for morally poor
I'm thanking God who makes things right,
I'm singing the fame of God's pure might.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Matt, I was just vsiting with Eric on the phone, He called me from jail, and your poem kinda reminded me of the days when we used to play music together. Eric tells me that so often the preachers that come out to the jail to preach feel the need I guess to holler and yell at the inmates and Eric was telling me I should think about coming out there some day for an hour and play my dulcimer and sing a few songs and maybe give a message that isn't so shallow, like many are. We got to talking about your music and Eric really wants me to consider coming out sometime within the next 6 months. He gets out in Sept. I hope you'll go with me. We could come up with a few songs we've wrote and some we haven't and maybe have about 30 minutes of music for the guys and share a short, caring, from the heart message. I can relate to these guys, that's for sure. What do you think? God bless you. Steve