Sunday, February 24, 2008

Losing Focus

Have you ever found yourself frustrated with what's going on around you? Have you ever been in a state where you lacked motivation? Times where you felt like not doing anything, going anywhere, or being around people? Since Thurs. I guess I have just felt my focus slipping. And I had some situations thrown my way that led me to focusing more on the things around me. And I was easily falling into the trap of doing what others expect me to do. I used to stay in these places for weeks or months at a time. I had lost my spiritual focus. Now after two days of it, I was determined to regain my focus! How do I do that? It might look different for everyone but I find as much quiet as I can. Read the word. Pray. Find more quiet if I need to. Then do what I feel like I need to do or not do to get to a better place, all the while keeping my priorities in line. For instance, if I have children here I can 't just go for a jog leaving them unattended. But I can put on a movie on for them so that I can go back to my room by myself to get focused. Asking the Lord what should I do, what would you have me to do and then give me the strength to do it.

No comments: