Saturday, January 26, 2008

Dreams

I love Saturdays! Saturdays that is when I don't "HAVE" to do anything and I can just be and dream. That's what I've done for most of the day. It's good medicine for those times when I get down and discouraged. And I'm so thankful that Matt and I are learning not to get frustrated at each others dreams but to listen and contemplate how to make those come true, if they are worth pursuing or how to make them more realistic and attainable. We can just talk about it. I have some pretty outlandish dreams sometimes and my dreams used to frustrate Matt a lot because they were so unrealistic in his world. So there was a period of time I just stop sharing and then stopped dreaming. Ok, so they still frustrate him sometimes......if you don't know I have some pretty drastic ideas and opinions about things which tend to play into my dreams. But I'm learning to express them in a more realistic way and we're learning to dialogue better about it. Why do I have those dreams? Does that make sense? Does it line up with scripture? Will it help us, others and be for the glory of God? Do they line up with any dreams Matt has? What are those? How has God knit our lives, pasts, present, strengths, weakness, hopes, dreams and future together for His glory?

God has given us all strengths, abilities, passions, weaknesses, visions and hopes for the future. He wants us to enjoy this life He has given us. He wants us to love Him, love others and do all things for His glory. So that we might be living testimonies about the gifts, abilities, failings, blessings and experiences that He has used to mold us.
It's important to dream.....

2 comments:

Jessica said...

myra. wilder left "kylie" his favorite stuffed dalmation dog at church this morning . He said he left it on the swing. I went back this pm and she wasnt there. I tried to look in the windows of the nursery and classroom but didnt see her. If you see her will you make sure toree brings her home on wednesday..its gonna be a long week without her. ha.!

Anne Elisabeth said...

wow...you are on a roll...askanne is just the name of my blog...I dont really mean it! Love ya!