Monday, January 21, 2008

A Time For Everything


Our last study in the month of January on Orderliness is on Ecc. 3: 1-8.

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:
a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.


What TIME of life does God have me/you in? And how does He want us to make the most of the opportunity?



Sometimes I don't know what I would do if I didn't have little people in my life. Little ones to watch as they toddle around, make me smile and fill my days. Does it get mundane? I'd be lying if I said it didn't at times but in those times and especially during those times how can I make the most of every opportunity? Like, instead of getting mad when finding the situation to the left, I've grown to laugh and find my camera instead!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to read more of a personal writing from you in your new blog and not solely focusing on religious themes/writings. I used to read your old blog and followed you here.

Jessica said...

myra.this is too cute..I too have learned to grab the camera..right after i have a anxiety attack..in some situations!!!i enjoy reading your blog.its a daily inspiration to me! thank you for sharing.love jessica

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...for some reason it always seems that one or another of the Jackson crew is sitting in some sort of water that they should not be. But I think that this is by far the funniest...

I mean come on...the water is just sitting there, why not use it for her own personal foot soaker...if the shoe fits, wear it!