Monday, January 28, 2008

What have you survived?

If it weren't for my mom, dad, sisters, the Lord Jesus Christ, my husband and my kids I would not be who I am today.
I have survived birth, childhood sickness and accidents, full length wall mirrors falling ontop of me, near drowning, moving I think it was 7 times before the age of 7, moving from the country to the big city, losing friends and making new ones, survived 7 different public and private schools, many unhealthy relationships in my own family and outside of it, I miraculously survived adolesence(12-21), doing things and being around things that could have potentially killed me but did poison my life in a way I was completely unaware of at the time, I survived ignorance and stupidity(though those still surface often). Mom, anything else I survived that I've forgotten? The complete destruction of my foundation when I was 18 years old, but that was nothing compared to having watch my little sister barely survive it and the guilt of not doing enough to help her out of it....I didn't know if I was going to survive that but miraculously I have and so has she, she more wonderfully than I. I have survived many broken relationships that still pain my heart and having to grow up faster than I would have liked(but this was good for me), working 2 jobs, living here and there and everywhere and making my own way from the time I was 18 til I found my Savior at age 21. I allowed him to take over from there but really he already had, He is how and why I had already survived! However, hardships don't stop there. I survived giving up habits and addictions, college, college soccer, first year of marriage, seminary with Matt, living in New Orleans, theft there, miscarrige, working with autistic children and their circumstances, birthing 5 children and one of those being natural childbirth, Matt's heart surgery(but more miraculous that he survived), church, 5 years of septic problems and so far 7 in McMinnville.

And I'm sure my family and close friends would say that it's a miracle that they survived me!

My life, struggles, trials and tribulations are nothing compared to the majority. To so many what I say I survived they would have called blessed! At least I had a family and lived in America.

What have you survived? I know there are so many more miraculous stories and miracles than my life. I would love to hear what God has brought you through, it's such a powerful expression of who He is.

4 comments:

Anne Elisabeth said...

blogging early are we??? Can I start getting a wake up call in the morning??

Anne Elisabeth said...

definately NOT!!!

Anonymous said...

this post almost got me to respond....almost got me thinking about starting to blog....hmm...I don't know because I just wasnt very consistent when I was a xanger. That is a heavy topic at least when I start to think how I would write on it. There are alot of things I can say I survived, meaning went through and on the other side...but so many more that I am still surviving. I hope that one day I can say I survived them :)

Anonymous said...

so do you want to set me up?