Monday, January 7, 2008

Rest


God took a break and enjoyed the view and so should we!
It's funny, after I read my sister Christians post about how unrestful her Sunday was and her frustration with Sunday supposedly being a day of rest but often isn't, today I read our FamilyTime weekly devotion and it was on a day of rest. For her, Friday and Saturday seem more like a day of rest than Sunday and I often feel that exact way. A great many of us have been programmed that Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest. We have that expectation and then when it's not met we are frustrated. Does it really matter what day our day of rest is? Does it specifically have to mean Sunday? What did/does God mean when He encouraged/encourages us to take a day of rest?
Week 2 of our study of Orderliness.....a day of rest.....interesting. Week 1 was the order in which God created the earth and now week 2, rest.
I also popped in my DriveTime CD today and would encourage you to listen to the parents tip, begins at track 9. Looking forward to our FamilyTime Wed!!! And there's a special surprise to follow!!

No comments: