Thursday, January 10, 2008

This is too God

I'm Tired! Matt and I didn't get to bed til about midnight and then one of the kids came in around 3:30am from having a bad dream. He climbed right in and fell right back to sleep but not so for me. I didn't get back to sleep til almost 6am and then the girls were up before 7am. Blindly, I slowly and begrudgingly get out of bed to begin the day that is starting without me whether I like it or not. THANK THE LORD FOR PBS! I do the recent usual routine, change a dirty diaper or two, give the girls some cereal and milk, grab my coffee(a really BIG cup this morning) and come back to bed for my quiet time. Guess what it's on this morning???? The title is Alone With the Lord and the passage of scripture that goes along with it is Heb 4, entitled A Sabbath-Rest for the People of God. Do you think God is trying to tell me something? HA!
.
Here's some of what it said:
"There are times when there is simply more to do than I can manage.....I keep trying but it isn't enough. I am physcially exhausted and mentally drained. I still keep plugging on. It doesn't help too much. Only one thing helps-opening my Bible.
The Bible is a source of strength as the Holy Spirit brings the words of scripture alive when we read them. The key is that we must read them. It is very easy to get caught up in the demands of the moment and miss God's special source of strength for us. I do this far too frequently. Even though I know that I need to have a regular quiet time every day, I still haven't made this happen. I do well for a few weeks, and then something upsets the schedule, and I get off track again.(I, myra, can so relate to this!) Failure is guaranteed as I cut off the power of the Holy Spirit to help me when I don't read my Bible daily.
The solutions to all of our problems are found in Scripture. My relationship with Jesus is built upon the Word of God. All the goodness found in the Bible is a balm for the weary soul-an oasis for the thirsty one who feels alone on the desert. Why, then, don't we make it a priority as we do our lessons or work? Why isn't our time with God more precious then anything else we do?
Satan doesn't want us to have God's power behind our days. Our devotional time, our time alone with the Lord, is the most important preparation that we have. When we faithfully read our Bible and fellowship with the Lord, it becomes more difficult for Satan to gain ground in our life."
"Father, forgive me for neglecting the most important part of my life-my devotional life. I have made excuses for not taking time each day to be alone with you. I have allowed Satan an open door inot our family. Help me to take this much more seriously and show me how best to be faithful to follow through each day. Teach me to overcome the obstacles and do it right."

Taken from a devotional book by Jackie Wellwood

1 comment:

Christian said...

That sounds encouraging and exciting. Thanks for sharing. I have been enjoying your posts. Remind me to talk to you about visiting during our spring break.