Monday, June 2, 2008

Day 1 - OM Training Week

Usually Myra is the one that keeps everyone up to date on the goings on for us Jacksons, but she is in Atlanta this week at the OM USA base for training and I am in McMinnville with the kids. Yes this is a reversal of how it has usally worked in our lives, but I guess its about time. Myra left this morning around9 :45 with the plan to be at OM USA by 3:30 eastern time. She struggled with her eyesight and was frustrated by barely being able to read road signs till they were right up on her, but only missed one turn and that was more cause she was on the phone that because of her eyesight. Thankfully it was in the neighborhood of OM, so she realized it and turned around and called me. It sounds like she is wore out from a long day of travelling and now being treated like a single (rooming with the singles in the bunk house) rather than like a mother of 5. When people see the 5 kids they give some extra grace and love, but without them, I'm guessing she is seen as just another girl who is setting out to be a missionary. As young as my wonderful wife looks, they probably think she just got out of college too. I'm sure Myra will have fun telling the real story. I really wish that they would have just let our whole family go. The leader of the conference assured me that they are working on that, but right now there is just nothing for the kids and it isn't fair if some families get to come and some have to leave their kids behind. I understand that.
So anyway, as for here at the homefront: First, I am thanking God that we are still at the homefront. If we weren't still waiting to close on the house we would have been moved out this past weekend and in a new place without all the comforts we now here. Hopefully we will close this week. I jumped through a few hoops for the FHA inspector this weekend and think that we have done everything we need to do now to finish this process.
The kids and I had a great day. I realized already that it is much easier to be with the kids all day, when that is what I am planning on doing and not worried about anything else. They all played great together. Then I got about an hour break while they went down to a neighbors house, then one of the neighbors came up for dinner and a bonfire. The boys are so into legos right now that they are spending hours in their room. It will be so worth it to me to use up a whole suitcase of space just for those legos when we move. The girls borrowed a "Kidsongs" video from the neighbors and watched it three times already. That's good, because they need to learn a new song other than "A, B, C...." I love that they love to sing it, but it seems like that is all they know and Rachel just sings it at random all the time.
Well, they are all sleeping soundly and I'm ready too. Praying that Tomorrow is just as good for me and way better for Myra.

4 comments:

Jenibug7 said...

I prayed tonight that God would make these days go quickly so that Myra can get back to her beloved family! I am excited to hear what God shows each of you through this process of her having to be away. I am sure that since He planned it to be that way, there are lessons in it for everyone...

Anonymous said...

love you guys, wishing I could go with.

myra said...

You guys are all so sweet, I'm crying.....seriously. I love you Matt more than life itself sometimes and Jen and b/.....words can't express.

I was going to blog Day 2 Training but I've cried so much today and it's so draining and emotional that I'm not sure if I can. Maybe I'll try but I only have 45 min. until I have to be back in the dorm....yes a curfew for a 35 yr. old mother wife and mother of many. Pray I can conform in respect and speak up only when I can in love :)

Unknown said...

I admire you both so much!