Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Day 3 - OM Training






what a day - Myra says that I'm doing to much. I guess I just like to keep the kids active, then they don't get board and either fuss and fight or whine about stuff. yesterday we went swiming twice, and went to the river to catch some tadpoles. Today we went to walmart for some duct tape for tonight, then to the pool for an hour, then home for lunch. Girls took naps while the boys and I watched "the Game Plan" Then the boys went down to the nieghbor's house at 3 to play and swim. The girls got up at 3:15 and I took them down too. I then put together a hashbrown casserole and took my first real shower since myra left (I have been swimming). Then got everything ready and picked the kids up to go to church. when we arrived I realized I had left my copies for the night at the house, so I dropped the boys off and the casserole and went back with the girls. we got back at 6 and ate, then had FamilyTIME. Chris was leading tonight so I was able to just chill out and enjoy the night. here are some pics of our Tower Building contest. we are talking about humility for the month and tonight was about the Tower of Babel and how God humbled that proud people. We split the kids into three groups and gave them a sheet with instructions in spanish, french, dutch, italian and sweedish. We told them to build. It was fun to see the team dynamics and in the end we had three really good towers. the tallest one fell down before we started awarding points so they didn't win, but still the object lesson made its point as the story was told.

Myra seems to have had a good, long, fun, and exhausting day. They have been put into tribes (groups) for the week and they were all taken to the airport and give $15 to get to centenial park. In the process they had a list of "tasks" they had to do. then at the park, they went out sharing the gospel. they had lunch at a church that some OM friends go to and we have actually been to before. Myra go to catch up with our friends, then got back and Myra "hung out" for a while. She seems quite tired and needs sleep, but there isn't much time for it. I am praying for rest, focus, and Joy overflowing for her. Looking forward to how God uses all of this for us and our future. Trusting that God is in control and looking forward to being back together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristen and I talked last night. I said Auburn's the last stop on the train for us on this side of the waters, though I didn't set a time limit. She didn't freak out. Sweet.

myra said...

Cool! The tower of babel thing looks fun!! I hate that I missed it.

Matt, it sounds like it's getting harder and that's why I said you're doing too much.....remember the words "it's easy when I just have ONE thing to do" :) You're probably glad by now that you didn't go to M'boro but I don't have I haven't really talked to you today and I'm almost late for a session......Love you!